How to hire product photographers
Whether you’re selling products through Amazon or directly on your online store, high-quality product photos are an essential component of any ecommerce business.
沙巴体育足球开户So how do you hire product photography consultants? What follows are some tips for finding top product photographers on Upwork.
How to shortlist product photography professionals
As you’re browsing available product photography consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a product photographer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., food photography for a restaurant).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular product photographer.
How to write an effective product photography job post
沙巴体育足球开户With a clear picture of your ideal product photographer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective product photography job post should include:
- Scope of work: From photo retouching to polished product photos, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or photography editing tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create quality product photographs for your business? Log in and post your product photography job on Upwork today.
PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHERS FAQ
What is product photography?
Product photography involves taking professional photos of physical products such as consumer electronics, clothing, and accessories. Product photos are most often commissioned for the product listings in online store catalogs, but they can also be used for product reviews and user manuals.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in product photography professionals:
- Product photography
- Photo editing and retouching
- Photo editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop
Why hire product photographers?
The trick to finding top product photographers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create attractive photographs for the product listings on your online store? Will your product photographer also need access to their own studio and models to showcase your branded clothing and accessories? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a product photographer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced product photographer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their product photography services more competitively.
沙巴体育足球开户Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.